|Strawberry Tea Bread|
Strawberry-Hazelnut Tea Bread
1.5 cups strawberries
2/3 cup softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs (at room temperature)1 tbsp milk
1/3 cup ground hazelnuts
1 1/3 cup self rising flour, sifted
- If using a bread machine, remove the dough hook from the bread machine pan. Line bottom of loaf pan with baking paper or wax paper (I used aluminum foil). Spray with baking spray or grease and flour the pan.
- Hull and coarsely chop the strawberries.
- Cream the sugar and butter together.
- Add the eggs and milk to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Mix the ground hazelnuts with the flour and gently fold it into the wet ingredient mixture.
- Gently add the strawberries and fold in.
- Spoon into the pan.
- Put pan in bread machine and use "Bake" setting. Bake for about 50-55 minutes (I baked for 60 min). Or, use a 350 degree oven and bake for 60-70 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a wooden skewer into loaf -- it should come out mostly clean when the bread is done.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
This was a great desert for our Broccoli Cheese soup dinner! :)